The City of Bushnell is currently taking applications for a full time cashier/receptionist. Applicants must possess cash handling, computer knowledge & excellent customer service skills. A high school diploma or GED required. Starting salary of $10.58 per hour plus excellent benefits package.
Applications are available at Bushnell City Hall located at 117 E Joe P Strickland, JR Ave., Bushnell, Florida or you can download the application by clicking here. Applications accepted until position filled. Questions concerning this position may be directed to Kelly Marcoux, 352-793-2591 x 114.
The City of Bushnell is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Water conservation is a key link between balancing current and future water needs, our water supply has diminished over the years, and its time all citizens take a proactive stance to ensure future generations have water. Here are some smart tips:
- Scrape, don’t rinse your dishes before loading them into the dishwasher.
- Use your garbage disposal sparingly and start composting your kitchen waste.
- Check the hoses on your washing machine regularly for leaks.
- Insulate your water pipes; you will get hot water faster and avoid wasting water while it heats up.
- Turn your water softener off while you are on vacation.
- DO NOT leave sprinklers unattended. Set a kitchen timer to remind yourself to shut off the sprinklers.
- DO NOT hose down your driveway. Use a broom or blower to clean leaves and other debris from these areas.
- Rain barrels are great for watering plants. (Instructions for building a rain barrel are available at City Hall)
- Use a shut off nozzle on your water hose and when you are finished shut the water off at the spigot to avoid leaks.
DID YOU KNOW:
- A garden hose WITHOUT a shutoff nozzle can pour out 540 gallons in 1 hour?
- When washing your car; try to use a commercial car wash that recycles water.
- When washing your car at home, park your car on the grass; use a hose with a shutoff nozzle and a bucket of soapy water.
**ALWAYS refer to Southwest Florida Water Management District’s website for times and day/s you are allowed to use outside water. Visit the link below for details:
ALL WATER CONSERVATION TIPS PROVIDED BY SOUTHWEST FLORIDA WATER MANAGEMENT DISTRICT. FOR MORE WATER CONSERVATION TIPS VISIT THEIR WEBSITE AT: http://www.swfwmd.state.fl.us/
As a part of the State Road (S.R.) 48 widening project from east of the I-75 ramps to Main Street (County Road 475), contractor D.A.B Constructors, Inc. will be closing the north side of West Street from S.R. 48 to West Palm Avenue. They will be detouring traffic starting at 7 a.m. Tuesday, March 14 until Thursday, March 16. The detour will instruct motorists traveling south on West Street to take West Palm Avenue to North York Street to State Road 48. Motorists on State Road 48 will be directed to take North York Street to West Palm Avenue to West Street.
Access to residences and businesses will be maintained. Please note that this schedule may change due to weather or other unexpected conditions.
Current project information will be posted to the Central Florida FDOT website at: www.cflroads.com
Bushnell residents voted for Council Seat 2 in the Nov. 8th General Election. Council Seat Candidates were incumbent Bill Durham and John Reuter. Bill Durham was re-elected by Bushnell voters to serve another 4 year term and he will be sworn in at the January 5th City Council meeting. Agendas and full Council agenda packets are available for viewing and download on the city's website.
A referendum also appeared on the November 8 ballot that was put forward by the citizen’s group called “Save Bushnell” and is called TRUTH IN SALES OF CITY PROPERTY. It says that, before selling protected city properties, the voters must be given information like the sale price and terms of the deal. It passed with an overwhelming majority. For questions, please contact Bushnell City Hall at 352-793-2591.