The arbitration hearing was held at the Sumter County Courthouse in the historic courtroom during the week of February 20-24th. Three arbitrators heard the considerations from both SECO and the City on the purchase option valuation for the service territory that SECO currently serves inside the city limits. It will take some time for the arbitrators to go over all the information, and determine a fair market value. Once this occurs, the City will then be able to do a firm cost vs. benefit analysis to see if exercising the purchase option is a good decision for the City. The findings and subsequent decision will be discussed with Bushnell City Council in a public meeting.
To stay informed, visit the City’s website to view the upcoming agendas or sign up for automatic emails to alert you when the agenda is published before a meeting. Typically, the agendas are available one week before the public meeting. If you have questions regarding this information, contact Susan Noell or Bruce Hickle at 352-793-2591.
The City of Bushnell and SECO will begin Arbitration proceedings on Monday, February 20th, at the Sumter County historic courthouse, beginning at 9am. This process will take several days, and will determine the actual purchase price for the electric system inside the city limits that SECO currently serves. The Bushnell City Council will discuss and decide on this decision at an upcoming City Council meeting. If you would like to receive an agenda, you can sign up online and one will be automatically sent to you via email when it is published. Stay informed – sign up today!
Administrative and technical position directing the operation and overall performance of the City of Bushnell’s Electric Distribution, Potable Water, and Wastewater systems. Plans and supervises all activities of the departments. Prepares and maintains department records. Makes written and oral presentations. Reports directly to the City Manager.
- Ability to communicate effectively with good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of electric distribution practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of regulatory and safety issues of the various departments.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and supervise the activities of the departments.
- Minimum of ten years collective experience in the supervision, operation and maintenance of Electric, Water, and Wastewater systems
- A degree from an accredited university in an engineering discipline is preferred.
The position offers an excellent benefit package. Salary for this position is commensurate with experience and education.
Letters of interest and resumes will be accepted until February 24, 2017.
Please email all letters of interest and resumes to
or by US mail to:
Kelly Marcoux, Director of HR
City of Bushnell
PO Box 115
Bushnell, FL 33513
The City of Bushnell is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
ARE YOU AN ELECTRIC CUSTOMER OF THE CITY OF BUSHNELL?
* $500 ELECTRIC SCHOLARSHIP *
Scholarship may be used for college or vocational education
• Applicant must reside in the home of a City electric customer
• 2.5 G.P.A. minimum
• Graduating Senior - Class of 2017
• Submission of an essay on required topic
• Due Date April 17, 2017
For more information, download the attachments below.