Online Forms and Resources
- Agenda and Minutes
- Financial Reports
- Ordinances and Resolutions
- Community Documents
- Utility Customer Forms and Resources
Departments Info and Contact
- Zoning Information
- Administration Department
- Finance Department
- Customer Services and Utility Billing
- Human Resources Department
- Utilities Department Electric, Water, Wastewater
- Community Services and Events
Becoming a part of the Municipal City Limits
Thank you for considering the City of Bushnell. Annexation into the city limits will allow you to take advantage of city services. Bushnell offers water, electric, refuse and sewer services to select areas of the city, competitive rates and quality customer service.
Here are some facts you should know if you are thinking about annexation:
- Water Service and Electric Service are available to most locations-check City Hall for current connection fees and deposits. Wastewater Service is also available to select areas. Contact the administration office for detailed service information.
- Sanitation Service - The City provides garbage pickup 2 days a week for both residential and commercial customers, with 1 day a week for residential yard trash. Commercial service can be modified to suit your business’s personal needs. Once a year, the City has Bushnell Clean up Month, which allows all city residents to do spring-cleaning and dispose of anything, except hazardous materials and tires, with NO charge.
- Each resident or property owner of Bushnell is governed by the Code of Ordinances, and subject to all laws contained therein as adopted by City Council. A copy of the Bushnell code of Ordinances is available for public inspection upon request.
- A public utility tax is levied upon any service provided to city residents, such as, electric, water, telephone, L.P. Gas and fuel oil. This tax will be charged on the bill provided by each individual company you may have business with.
- A franchise fee is levied upon city residents by electric, telephone, and cable companies that provide that particular service to a city resident. This tax will be charged on the bill provided each individual company you may have business with.
- City police response time is an average of 4 minutes or less if you are a city resident. If you have an emergency, dial 911.
- Your real property will be assessed an ad valorem tax on city property.
- Your Building, Planning, & Zoning needs will be met by City requirements, and subject to municipal Land Development Regulations.
- The City of Bushnell will pay all legal and administrative expenses required for annexation. Any expenses incurred due to a request for contraction will be borne by the property owner.
Please review the information provided and feel free to contact City Hall for any questions regarding the impact of annexation on your property. This is only a brief listing of important information concerning annexation.
The City of Bushnell is "Committed to the Quality of Life" for all citizens.
The Fall Festival is an annual event sponsored by the city to celebrate the birthday of The City of Bushnell. Held the third Saturday of October, this one day event starts with a parade at 10:00 a.m. and concludes with a spectacular fireworks display shortly after nightfall. Over 20,000 visitors have been reported to attend this festival and enjoyed the various types of food and crafts available.
During this full day of fun, the public can enjoy a variety of games, contests and foods, as well as numerous arts and craft displays. Dancing, music and a variety of performing arts are also scheduled throughout the day. Not to mention the famous Greased Pig Contest!!